Friday, August 24, 2018

Recovering Phone(Pt.2)

The phone was still flashing the Mi Icon in the Boot Screen and repeatedly switched off and on on it's own. I tried switching off manually using the power button but in vain.😔
I had made huge mistakes, blunders all this time. My planning was perfect but implementation went wrong out of hurry.
My mistakes:
  • The most important, I forgot to backup my data in TWRP recovery mode.
  • I forgot to transfer alternate Oreo ROM to my phone's memory.
  • I used TWRP from Y.T tutorial which was ages old incompatible with the new Android Pie.
  • After the failed status, once again I wiped my data.
  • Minor one:The GApps I installed was not compatible.
After realizing my first 3 mistakes, I started searching for solutions online. Most of them referred to remove battery which was vague since mine was non-replacable.Moreover, I can't risk waiting to discharge from 80% using the bootloop which I wasn't sure what was happening. Further searching resulted in chance of bricking my phone that means permanently damaged. It's no use other than just a brick. Fortunately mine was stuck in bootloop😅. I was disappointed, nervous and frightened at the same time. I tried switching between the power and volume keys. Read how booting works in phones and then it struck my mind.
I can use command prompt to go to fastboot recovery. But I need to spark. I tried
connecting while the phone boots up, waited for it to switch off and between that fraction of minutes until it rebooted I connected my phone to PC via USB through ADB network. It read the phone as it started but as an unrecognizable device. This was the flash in darkness. Soon it booted again only to show MI screen, and this time I had Cmd open, I typed the Linux Command in ADB to fastboot recovery and voila I was there. ADB network
helped me, ASAP I downloaded the latest TWRP and installed it on my phone through commands. I searched for most stable ROM online and GApps(most compatible) ones, I can't risk once more. Using the Cmd I installed and booted to recovery mode,wiped the data transferred the ROM and this time stock ROM as well(Backup duh!) Flashed the ROM using Command Prompt and again it took time. Voilaaa, the ROM flashed and GApps installed to success.
Finally I booted my Phone, fingers crossed and came up a nice graphics of chips(AOSPExtended), just stock apps and nothing else!
Nothing can be more content than giving your almost dead phone a new life(ROM).
Faster phone more Memory space,maximum customization, improved physics security, minimal apps and most important NO ads.


No comments:

Post a Comment