Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Dear Dad(Letter 1)

AssalamWalekum Abbu,

Hey Abbu, this is my first ever letter to you, but I promise, this won't be the last. First of all I miss you Abbu, I may not have told this to you ever, but everytime, every single step of my life you've led me. Now that you're dead, I regret not saying those often. From the pre-nursery form to college admission you were there always not just guiding me but taking lead and doing everything yourself so that I don't face any difficulties or problems. You were there always and I believe you're still here with me, us, looking upon everyone you love. I wish I could've spent more time with you, cared for you more just like you did, but the bar that you set was too high. You were the best anyone could dream of. You never laid any pressure on me always asked what I wanted, you never raised an eyebrow even though you knew I was going for some movie taking classes as an excuse. You were the calmest Dad anyone could dream of. You always wanted me to be a better man, just so that I could live a better life. We never shared I love you or I miss you with each other because those were in the actions, the care you did. Always fulfilling all my desires, selfish desires. Those times when you used to allow ice-creams or Chocolates even though it meant going against Mom. The times when we used to watch CID or Horror movies and I used to snuggle into your arms, or when we shared that hearty laughter and our house echoed happiness. I still remember that time when you used to teach me maths and how good I was then. How proud you were when I had scored 98. I will always make you proud Abbu, always and make everyone say " He's the son of Late Md.Khurshid Anwar". I wish, we could've talked more. The time when you were in coma, I wish I could understand those tears and eyeball movement. I wish to ease your pain, listen to everything you wished to say. There are so many other wishes only to let go. You never asked for any wishes to be fulfilled, all you did was to fulfill ours. The perfect Husband, the perfect son, and the perfect Dad. All I want you to know, we love you more than we ever showed(Sorry, I'm not a guy with emotions) and will always remember you. I'm sure you're smiling right now, we'll always be holding hands. May you rest in Paradise.
Love you,
Your Son(Proud Anwar)
Dt. 15thSept 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment