Friday, February 1, 2019

The Joy of Giving ☺

Donating Blood costs nothing except few minutes of your time that might give someone another chance at life.- The billboard->Apollo Hospital.

As you might have guessed, yes I donated blood and it was one of the happiest moment of my life.
It was 30th Jan, Wednesday, I had a great good night sleep ready to lazily get dragged to the time when I had to go work. Soon, my phone rang, it was my Boss, The J. Jonah Jameson kind.
On picking up, the first thing I hear is : "What makes you take so much time to pick up the phone? WHERE ARE YOU RIGHT NOW?". Okay, that's not how I want my morning to go and just ruin it for the day. My mind said. Just one day more until pay-check then you're Free to go! After consolidating my spirits to still work, I kept my tone low and had to come up with excuses. Briefing the conversation, it bought good-news. No! She won't be paying me today :(, but it's my day off. Hurray! Relieved. That stress just went away which I might have to carried all day long. Although, it could've been my last day since it was my pay-day but never mind.
After winning this mini battle with my boss, and now enjoying the bliss moment of holiday, I decided to just lay in my bed all day long, that is how holidays are meant to be spent. I was ready for my Brunch when, I met a friend that informed me the incident. One of my senior had called, asking for help yestereve. His Uncle was reported with Blood Cancer and they needed 12 units of blood. Had it not been the big amount, he would have just let it go. Any help was welcomed, and time was a crucial factor here. This friend I met, was ready to offer his help and asked me if I would too. I was unsure of it. First, I was on a Ketogenic diet since a week, second I had given blood more than an year back. The only thing that bothered me then was my growling stomach, so I decided to contact him after munching something. This guy, once again followed me, this time with his plans to go. I gave it a thought, and having no stress of my work, I decided to go. The only thing that could go wrong was me being underweight- That's what my mind thought.
After the incident with my Dad, I never liked the idea of dropping out to help. I know how it feels, little help from someone does wonders, and this gesture of mine if it could save someone's life, I'd be happy. Being positive, we were on our voyage(way, Hehe) to meet the senior's friend who would take us to the Hospital. It wasn't too far, and soon we reached the Hospital with the Senior. There we met the patient's relative. He was jolly kind of person. On meeting us he was happy that we came to help and called us little angels. Haha. Soon we went inside the hospital.
The nostalgia hit me. The smell of Hospital, patients being transferred, doctors and nurses on a rush, visitors waiting in turn with their passes, everything hit me. Trying my best to hold on, I kept walking behind my friend. It felt like, once again I'm there with my Dad, switching roles with Mummy and keeping an eye on him, while talking to him distracting him of any worries he might be going, though actually I'd be distracting myself. This Hospital was almost the same, with the clean, rush environment. We followed him to the blood-bank, where the check-ups were made. Turns out, the friend who accompanied me had taken some pills last night which made them cancel him out. I went there to the Doctor's chamber, and then my weight & height was measured. And then it hit me, my height is so low... How can it be that. Why is it that? Aahh... I sooo want to be taller than what I am right now. Weight on the other hand pleased me. It was better than my expectations. While I was there, I overheard someone at the adjacent chamber, He was asked what his blood group was. Replying the Doctor, it previously used to be AB+ but few years back it changed to B+. I can hear that Doctor's laugh exploding, holding my laugh was a tough job, while my doctor was checking out my blood type for confirmation. My Doctor then smilingly questioned, "Blood Groups don't change without any transplants, you know that right?". "Of Course I know that blood groups don't change. r/madlads maybe? Haha"

I was made to drink water, and the water there tasted good, atleast better than what my dorm has to offer. I gulped more than 4 glasses there. I gave my blood, after I was done the nurse attending me said that I had good blood flow and it went faster than it usually is. It felt encouraging. Today, regular drinking of water payed off. I was given refreshment. Yayyy! I wasn't hoping for it. It was all sugary food which I had been avoiding, but I needed glucose that my body just gave off. There was happiness on the face of Uncle(relative) who was with us. That made us happy. The senior who accompanied us, too gave blood. But he being a habitual chronic smoker had to divide between the two hands, the veins had gotten thinner.
Be honest with the doctor, that's the most important. We were ready to go back. Soon Uncle, handed all of us some money as a token of gesture. That made us feel quite awkward, since we were there for the happiness of giving and not receiving anything. Politely we asked him to not do the formalities. He was a jolly person, and finally we concluded to eating someplace that would be good for both parties.
This wasn't the first time I was donating, but knowing that it will be used for someone in need it made me smile. I felt happy from inside. Last time it was for an organization. Today it was for someone in need. I hope that person turns out to be safe and healthy soon. I tried sharing this happiness with Mummy, guess what, she starts scolding me. Ugh! I had to change the topic lying that it was just a prank. Too scared, maybe being a bit frank could've helped.
Finally the day ended with my friend who actually did not donate blood getting extra eggs, while I who did donate blood, gets nothing in return, coz I don't eat eggs. Huh! Not whining, just a little self note, what you do, do it for others, from others is what you gain the real Happiness.
Talking of pranks then, I thought of playing a little prank on my girlfriend. Showed her the bandage I told I had fainted due to the extensive Ketogenic diet, to the point I was admitted to hospital and had to take Saline Solution+ Glucose for recovery. Haha, scared her to the point where she walked from work to home all the way thinking about me, actually worried. Not good I know, but I love disturbing her. The way she cares. <3 p="">
Finally ending the note, The joy in giving has much greater reward than you can see, the things that money can't buy; Happiness, inner Peace and compassion. It doesn't always need to be in the form of Money or blood. Small things like socks for a homeless is what matter. If not things, give through your gestures and kind deeds. That's all one needs to spread, the "JOY IN GIVING IS MUCH MORE FULFILLING THAN RECEIVING." 
This one is cute.


R.A Salvatore said:"The joy multiplies when shared and grief diminishes with every division."

No comments:

Post a Comment